Thursday, November 26, 2009

What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

As stated, I am obviously an african-african woman and it seems that my hair gets to a certain point and stops growing. I go to my beautician about once a month for a relaxer and trim. But, what can I do at home, between visits, to stimulate growth? (serious responses please).



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

Eat lots of protein and do a gentle scalp massage every day to get the blood flowing to your scalp. Keep your hair well conditioned and make sure your diet is well balanced. A healthy person is more likely to have a healthy head of hair. There are vitamins on the market for hair. I would look into getting some of those. I would also be very gentle with my hair to avoid breakage.



Best wishes! It will look beautiful when you are done growing your hair out so it will be worth the trouble!



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

extensions



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

I'm not African American but my sister in law is and she say to leave the chemicals alone. try to go as natural as possible. keep your hair conditioned well. don't wash your hair EVERYDAY. she use a blow dryer to straighten her hair. for tight curls you may need a flat iron. hell I'm white and my hair only goes so long then seems like it just stops. its almost down to my hips but hasn't grown much in the past few months. also try vitamins.



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

i advise you stop using harsh chemicals for awhile on ur hair, this kills new growth,and use "do grow", found at local beauty stores.



Keep it conditioned well and everyday with olive oil.



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

Really, it's a matter of genetics, keeping your hair healthy (shampooing/conditioning and trims), drinking plenty of water and eating healthy. Also, wrap your hair every night with a satin scarf. I use hair products for African-Americans such as Motions and Botanicals. Don't put alot of tension at the root of you hair and pay attention to over processing.



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

Okay...first you have to be dedicated to doing it. I am not sure what your lifestyle is like but if you are overly active this may not work for you.



Get a wig.



Depending on how damaged you hair is you should consider cutting/shaving it all off. Start with a fresh palette.



Then you want to make sure you wash and condition your hair/scalp everyday. I used Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Special Conditioning Shampoo %26amp; Conditioner, it can be pricey so you can get the knock off at Sally Beauty Supply. It's just called "Special Tea Tree S%26amp;C. It really wakes up the scalp! It feels great.



Next you should but some female Rogaine in bulk from Costco or Sam's, some place like that.You can also get it online at their website, but they will ask you to join the club. Use that everyday as they say you should. I used it in the morning and the afternoon...yes I walked around with it.



At night I condition my scalp Dr. Miracle's healing oil or the grease they sell. It's all the same thing, just different boxes. It will smell a bit off, but you get used to it. It also make your head tingle, and you feel the pores open up. Wrap your head up at night with a good helping of this stuff in your head.



In the morning you wash your hair like I said earlier with those products.



Continue for 4 to 6 months of this treatment before you decide to perm your hair. When you do, use Dr. Miracle's perm. Ifyou normally use Super, then do so with this product too. If you use Regular,they have that too, but there is no middle that I have seen.



Anyway..enough said it worked for me! I still use all of these products faithfully. My hair is longer now then it ever was, a year later. I did it Dec 26 2005.



What is the best way for an african-american to grow their hair out?

NO chemicals, go natural and wear french braids. they tend to break the hair less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Can humans catch giardia from dogs